Address: Sister Kathleen Ball

Sister Kathleen Ball
Canada Edmonton Mission
305-8925 51 AVE NW
Edmonton, AB T6E5J3
CANADA

Sunday, October 29, 2017

8/8/2017 -

Smartphones and proselyting using FaceBook

This week was a way good week!!! We had a ton of trainings and other meetings in Edmonton, so we didn't do too much work in Whitecourt, but what we did do was really good!!! 

We went to a LA members house and hung out with them for a bit!!! We had supper with a recent convert couple, and their investigating daughter!!! We weren't expecting the daughter to be there, so our planned message was geared towards getting the couple to the temple, but it ended up being about our purpose in this life and eternal families. We are excited to help that family eventually get to the temple and be sealed to each other for time and all eternity!!!
After supper We went to an appointment with our branch president and a friend of his!!! It was a way cool appointment!!! We talked about God's hand in his life, and he asked me if I have recognized God's hands in my life.  I told him about being able to contact my friend Aubrey when I didn’t have her updated information, but was able to get in touch with her before she got married.  GOD IS GOOD!!!!!) 

After the appointment Sister Larsen and Sister Tsou came and spent the night with us!!!! It was so fun to see and talk to Sister Larsen again!!!! Also, sister Tsou is from Taiwan, so we were talking about it for a while!!! She told me that a friend of hers had Americans visit her school and apparently had a "thing" for one of the boys!!! I asked if she would recognize this boy if she saw a picture of him, she said yes, so I showed her some pictures of our group.  Sister Tsou and I talked for so long about Taiwan and all things we love about that country!!!!! 

For the trainings, we had training all day for FB and SMARTPHONES!!!!! My mission is changing to smartphones!!!!!! It is all way exciting!!!! All of these things that are going on are prime examples of the Lords’ work being hastened!!!!!  We haven't even had FB for a whole week of proselytizing and our whole mission has already experienced miracles from using it!!!! It is so nice to be able to use social media to share the gospel with the world!!! This is fulfilling prophecy of the gospel reaching every corner of the earth!!!! 

We also had Zone conference!!!! I LOVED the trainings that were given!!!!! And it was so nice to meet more missionaries, and make more mission friends!!!! We also went to the temple!!!!! I missed it so much!!! True example of not appreciating what you have until you lose it!!!! It was such a good session!!!!! I felt the spirit so strongly.  This week we also had meetings for the missionary trainees and trainers!!!  Then, I went on exchanges!!!!!!!!!! My STL's are Sister Hollon and Sister Jarman!!! I LOVE THEM!!!! I was with Sister Hollon and she is so good!!! She taught /reminded me of a lot of things I want to be and be able to do on my mission!!!!! She is so good and I want to be like her!!!!  Be an example and great trainer and example for someone else!!!!!

On Sunday we had a day full of appointments, but we were able to go contacting in a park.  We were able to re-find this one guy!!! His name is Casey and I was so excited to talk to him!!! He has had a rough life, and I knew that I could help him with my experience being on LITE team and with the Gospel!!! But when we called him it was a wrong number!!! We thought he had purposefully given us the wrong number until we ran into him at the park!!! He was so sorry for giving us the wrong number and had been excited to meet with us!!! We also were able to make contact with a former investigating family!!!!! 
On Monday we were able to meet with and teach the family!!!  They are coming to church on Sunday and feeding us on Saturday!!!!! They are so nice!! They seem like they are already members. 


This week is transfers.  Sister Brock and I think one of us is getting transferred. I love it here in Whitecourt and LOVE our investigators, but I will go where the Lord wants me to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment